Volunteering at a Lifeline Shop
Lifeline Shops in Queensland are operated by UnitingCare Community, an organisation that provides support to individuals, families and communities across the state. All proceeds from Lifeline Shops in Queensland help fund the 24-hour 13 11 14 crisis line, suicide prevention programs and disaster recovery support.
Volunteers are integral to the work we do within the community. Without our volunteers, we would not be able to provide support to those that need a helping hand.
Lifeline has over 130 shops in Queensland with each shop providing the community with quality products including clothing, toys, appliances and furniture at an affordable price. We are always looking for new volunteers to join us.
What we are looking for?
Our volunteers come from every walk of life – of all backgrounds and ability. Age is never really an issue. Our volunteers share a common enthusiasm for giving back to their communities and are ready to contribute while having fun at the same time!
We are always looking for dedicated volunteers to help provide assistance at each retail shop. To become a retail volunteer, we require a commitment of four hours of your time per week to ensure consistent rostering and smooth operation of your chosen shop.
Volunteers are also needed in any one of our ten warehouses across Queensland. Volunteers help with sorting, categorising, pricing and preparing donations for the shop floor.
What's in it for you?
Becoming a volunteer at a Lifeline Shop offers you a chance to:
- Meet new people
- Give back to the community
- Help save lives
- Gain a sense of achievement
- Build confidence
- Acquire valuable retail experience
- Learn new skills
- Make industry contacts
- Widen your career options
- Boost your CV
- Improve interpersonal communication.
Join us today
To find out more information about applying to volunteer at one of our 130 Lifeline Shops there are few things you can do.
- Pop into the local shop you wish to volunteer in and have a chat with the supervisor who can advise if there are vacancies at the shop
- Fill out an online expression of interest form for volunteer opportunities in Queensland
- You can also contact the volunteer management team to discuss possible vacancies or alternative shops with vacancies.
For more information about our shops as well as to find your nearest shop, visit our dedicated shops pages.