- Looking for resources to help support your child’s education and development needs?
- We can provide tailored information, resources and support to families
- Available to parents of children aged 0-12 in Charleville, Emerald, Longreach, Mt Isa and Mareeba.
Early Childhood is a crucial stage in the learning journey, so it’s important that children and families have the right support.
We can provide you with:
- Mobile playgroups in town or on properties
- Home visits for early years education and support
- Play-based activities at community events and open days
- Toy library and parent resource library
- Quarterly newsletters
- Support packs
- Information and advice (by phone or email)
- Referral to other services
RAFS operates from five key bases and services a large number of bordering regions. For more information, contact your local RAFS team:
Charleville – Roma, Dirranbandi, along NSW border, Betoota, Tambo, Injune, all areas in between
Phone: 0439 922 815
Emerald (based in Mackay) – Roma, Dirranbandi, along NSW border, Betoota, Tambo, Injune, all areas in between
Phone: 0439 932 958
Longreach – Charters Towers, Jericho, Tambo, Kynuna, Richmond, along the Flinders Highway and all areas in between
Phone: 0439 963 603
Mt Isa – Queensland areas of Normanton, Neila, Kynuna, Birdsville, the Northern Territory border, the Gulf of Carpentaria. Northern Territory areas: Camooweal, Three Ways, Elliot, Cape Crawford and all areas in between
Phone: 0439 912 957
North Queensland (based in Mareeba) – Charters Towers, Maxwelton, Richmond, Normanton, Coen, Laura and all areas in between
Phone: 0447 115 083