When: TBA, January 2017
Where: Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
Don't forget to RSVP for the event on Facebook! This helps us to spread the word further.
Lifeline Bookfest Brisbane is the largest second hand book sale in Queensland and the biggest fundraising event that supports the 24 hour Lifeline 13 11 14 Crisis Support Line. This life-saving service offers suicide prevention and bereavement support over the telephone as well as family and crisis support - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Whether you are a book worm, a dedicated reader, a student, a book collector or someone searching for those long lost books to make your book series complete, Lifeline Bookfest Brisbane is the place for you. At the event you will find 4km of tables with millions of books, magazines, records, puzzles, DVDs, CDs, vinyl, board games and much more for prices as low as a dollar.
The books are divided into categories for ease of browsing. The categories include:
Children's; Australiana; History; Reference; Humour and Oddities; Biography; Literature and Classics; Textbooks; Travel; Health; Science Fiction; Hardback Fiction; Art and Music; Paperback Fiction; Cooking; Computers; Religion; Foreign Language; Vehicles and War Craft; Hobbies; Sport; Gardening; Animals; Penguins and Pelicans; Economics; Sociology; Philosophy; and Science.
All funds raised at the Bookfest support Lifeline and UnitingCare Community programs for individuals, families and children. In Queensland, UnitingCare Community runs Lifeline services such as the 13 11 14 Crisis Support Service and post-disaster Community Recovery Program as well as Lifeline Shops and events in Queensland.
Information and tips for Bookfest customers
- We encourage everyone to bring your own bags – With prices as low as a dollar you will be surprised by how many books you will end up taking home. We will put all your books into plastic bags so that we know you have paid for your books in the previous section, when you move to the next section.
- You can hire a trolley at the event to do your shopping – $2 trolley hire.
- Come early – It’s always good to come early for an event like the Bookfest. The first to enter gets the chance to pick the best from millions of books.
- Transport to the venue (Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre) – please refer to the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition centre website for more details. http://www.bcec.com.au
- Payment – Customers can pay cash or EFTPOS services are also available
- The event will be held at Halls 3 & 4
- Print out the Bookfest layout map to plan your shopping experience.
You can donate new, used or unwanted books to:
Lifeline shops or Lifeline bins
Bulk book donations - for collection please ring 07 3632 1010
- Crates will be available at the Bookfest event (next the entrance) for customers to donate their books.