UnitingCare Community is the early childhood partner for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) in Townsville, Mackay and Toowoomba Regions.
EARLY CHILDHOOD EARLY INTERVENTION
To support your child in their early years, the national government has introduced a special support scheme for children with developmental delay or disability aged 0 to 6, known as Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI). It’s an approach developed under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) has worked with a range of leading Australian early childhood intervention practitioners and researchers to design an Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) approach. This approach identifies the type and level of early intervention support your child needs to achieve their best outcome. It is a family-centred approach that supports greater inclusion in mainstream settings and builds the capacity of your child and family.
NDIS PARTNER IN TOWNSVILLE, MACKAY AND TOOWOOMBA: UNITINGCARE COMMUNITY
The NDIA is teaming up with regional partners to help provide the support your child needs in a quicker and easier way. These partners are referred to as early childhood partners.
In three regions where the NDIS has been introduced, UnitingCare Community is the NDIS partner in community for Early Childhood Early Intervention:
- Townsville region (including some parts of the Hinchinbrook and Burdekin Shires and Charters Towers Regional Council)
- Mackay region (including Mackay City and some parts of the Isaac and Whitsunday Regional Councils)
- Toowoomba (including Toowoomba City and some parts of the Goondiwindi, Maranoa, Western Downs and Southern Downs Regional Councils)
As the early childhood partner we are experienced in early childhood intervention and provide assistance, advice and access to early intervention and support for your child.
Please watch this NDIS video in which Petrina Thompson of UnitingCare Community explains what the ECEI is about and how UnitingCare Community works with the families we support:
WHAT UNITINGCARE COMMUNITY AS EARLY CHILDHOOD PARTNER CAN DO FOR YOU
- Work with you to determine the best supports for your child and your family
- Identify information, community-based and mainstream supports that can be used to support your child
- If required, help you request NDIS access and once confirmed, work with your family to develop a plan
- Help you with the implementation of the plan.
If you require more information, feel free to contact us on:
59 – 69 Patrick Street, Aitkenvale QLD 4814
(07) 4775 9124 (Townsville)
(07) 4787 4797 (Charters Towers)
34 Brisbane Street, Mackay QLD 4740
(07) 4775 9124
134 Mort Street, Toowoomba QLD 4350
(07) 4775 9124
For more information on the NDIS and ECEI: www.ndis.gov.au/ecei
If you would like to make a compliment, complaint or give feedback, please go to the NDIS website: https://www.ndis.gov.au/about-us/contact-us/feedback-complaints.html