Achieving positive outcomes for families and children is something we feel strongly about. It drives us to work with families and children to move toward safe and comfortable family lives.
Domestic and family violence can impact profoundly on the safety and comfort of a family. UnitingCare Community has a track record of offering flexible and innovative support to vulnerable children, young people, families and men in relationship crisis.
We work together to understand their circumstances and causes of domestic violence, plan for the future and support children who are at risk of neglect or abuse due to domestic violence through different programs.
Domestic and Family Violence programs
- Men Stopping Violence (Ipswich, Bundaberg, Gympie, Maryborough and Hervey Bay)
- Domestic and Family Violence Crisis Accommodation and Support Services (Brisbane and Kingaroy)
- Family Safety Services (Sunshine Coast and Gympie)
- Domestic and Family Violence Counselling (Bundaberg, South Burnett, Capalaba, Maryborough, Hervey Bay and Gympie)
These programs also include youth friendly services for young people in domestic violence situations, an intensive family support service, and education and promotion on healthy families for youth.
Trained counsellors work together with families both as a group and on a one-on-one basis to have open and honest discussions about family and domestic violence. We strive to work together to make plans for dealing with specific risks and issues, cope with crises, plan for safety and strategise to enhance the wellbeing of our community.
Download a domestic and family violence factsheet for more information
Other UnitingCare Community services
We have other services around the state that can also help if you are experiencing domestic and family violence. These programs include:
- Prevention and intervention groups for women - Capalaba.
- Individual family care for Indigenous families - Bundaberg
- Children, young people and families programs
- Elder Abuse Prevention Unit (EAPU) - Statewide