At UnitingCare Community, we believe in you. We believe in the strength and desire of people with disability and their families to live the best life that they possibly can. We also understand that assistance can be required to achieve these dreams, so it’s our mission to empower people by providing the support they need to live full, inclusive, personally meaningful lives.
UnitingCare Community has always been there to support people with disabilities and their families in Queensland, and we’ll be there in the future too. We’re wholly dedicated to working in partnership with you to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to create a better future.
All our staff undergo a continual learning and development program to provide best practice support and services. Our staff are recruited not only for their qualifications but importantly their values and motivation. Our people are matched to our clients’ needs as well as personalities. Families and clients are included in the staff recruitment process for support workers.
At the heart of our service model is the foundation platform known as The Five Valued Experiences. This platform was created to help ensure that all people have better life chances and richer opportunities. By championing the The Five Valued Experiences and creatively including them in everything we do, we support people to:
- Increase their presence in their local community
- Expand community participation through deepened relationships and friendships
- Have increased and valued social roles
- Grow in decision making
- Be supported to contribute their gifts and competencies
To see our Service Model in practice, please watch this video of the stories of Sarah and Ethan:
The Disability Services Team of UnitingCare Community is organised as close as possible to the people we support.
Our team consists of:
- Support Living Facilitators, who work alongside people with disabilities to build full lives that are meaningful for them
- Lead Practitioners who join support living facilitator teams, provide leadership and ensure quality planning and supports
- Network Managers who provide leadership and support to the teams working with a number of people in the community
- Operations Managers who provide oversight of the operations of a region
There are also a number of supporting roles including: Senior Practice Advisor, Training Support, Specialist, Communication Support, NDIS Readiness Team, Business Administration Manager and Team, Continuous Improvement Advisor & Workplace Health and Safety Advisor.
Director Lorna Sullivan and Deputy Director Graham Hambleton are providing the strategic leadership to ensure our service provision and processes are aligned and enable UnitingCare Community’s vision.
UnitingCare Community has five regional teams with Disability Services:
- Chermside: 766 Gympie Road, Chermside South QLD 4032. T: 07 3624 2400
- Annerley: Level 1/483-485 Ipswich Road, Annerley QLD 4103. T: 07 3363 2200
- Ipswich: 38 Limestone Street, Ipswich QLD 4305. T: 07 3432 6100
- Townsville: 59 – 69 Patrick Street, Aitkenvale QLD 4814. T: (07) 4775 9100
- Toowoomba: 130 Mort Street, Toowoomba Qld 4350, T: (07) 4688 3900
For all general enquiries about the Disability Services of UnitingCare Community, please call 1300 77 80 81
Our friendly staff will make sure that all your questions about our Disability Services or the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will be answered. They can also connect you with one of our offices nearby.
You can contact us on working days between 9 am and 5 pm. Outside these hours, please leave a message and we will get in touch with you within 24 hours.